Thursday, October 14, 2010

syukur

Assalamualaikum wbt.

This morning I have vaccination for hepatitis B, should be taken by us, dentistry students as a preparation for entering clinical session for next two years. Of course, in any other health field that dealing with patients , to become professionals in their particular field should have this kind of vaccination to prevent from this kind of disease, hepatitis A,B and C. This is the first round shot, the next two will be within this 4 months period. My friends & I go to Health Centre which is situated near to Mahallah Maimunah and it seems the first time I go there. As I arrived, we have to get the palm sized card filled with the date we should get the 3 shots. The female doctor says that this card is very important as you lose it you have to get another one which costs RM10 per card. It’s lucky for us as we get it without any payment (Have been paid to be exact). She keeps telling us to keep this card properly, don’t put it anywhere until you can’t find it especially the brothers and also it’s important whenever you want to get abroad. So, the ladies’ turn comes first to the doctor’s room, with 5 persons per enter.

It is quite hard as all my classmates are very enthusiastic to get this vaccination. All are very eager to be the first person to get the dose. Quite competitive , right? It’s ok then. Me also want to get it quickly as I don’t want to be there longer. You know when it comes to getting a vaccination, it’s about the tiny needle injected into our body that might frightened certain people. It may make me become more worried and nervous when someone getting out from the room and says with sad face, “ sakit…sakit…sakit…”

Ok, nevermind, it’s only psychology. When it comes to my turn, the doctor says, “don’t worry ,sakit sikit..macam kene gigit semut je.” Okey, I’ve heard this thing for a long time ago. The moment she injects me, I keep reading any selawat that I know. Because I still feel nervous . Even though I have experiences during donating blood, for about three times I still feel quite afraid with jarums.Padahal mindset tu je yang pikir sakit. The conclusion is, am I afraid with syringe?? Em…no comment.

After me, my friend’s turn. I just look the doctor work professionally and passionately. Then now I know that the shots we get have been paid by the Faculty. “you are very lucky, if you want to know , for one shot, people have to pay RM40. Kalau ikutkan, awak yang kene pergi sendiri nak dapatkan shot ni, tapi kat sini pihak klinik kat sini yang buatkan dan Kulliyyah dah bayarkan untuk awak. Just sekarang ni belajar betul-betul and jaga nama baik Universiti…” ye, betul tu puan dokter, tinggal nak belajar je…belajaaar je…ye, belajar, belajar dan belajar…How lucky I am and my other friends, given so many nikmat from Allah swt. We don’t have to go far to get the vaccination, and also, we have equipped with many other facilities. Books, stationeries, well-equipped hostels with everyone get beds, tables, chairs, continuous water & electrical supply, etc em, another one, scholarship... it’s far different with our brothers and sisters in other countries that have to be struggle more than us here.

Many other things around us that can we ponder and wonder that all of these are from Allah. Yet, we feel there are still not sufficient things in our life. Sometimes we see things in the dark perspective, keep babbling this thing is wrong, why this, why that..and we haven’t put enough effort to do better than before.. somehow, have we ever wonder everything that He Gives us has its own reason . He Knows The Best for us. For that, I hope that I can be grateful for everything that I get and use the opportunity in front of me as optimum as I could. Wassalam.

Jangan pernah rasa cukup dalam ibadatmu kepada Penciptamu. Tapi rasa cukuplah apa yang Dia telah beri padamu.

“maka nikmat Tuhanmu yang mana satukah yang telah engkau dustakan?” (ar-Rahman, 32times)

No comments: